Biddulph Valley Surgery
Biddulph Primary Care Centre
Stoke on Trent
Tele: 03004042987 or 01782 831114
Fax: 01782 828585
Out of Hours: 111
Find us on Facebook - Biddulph Valley Surgery
Monday: 8am - 6.30pm
Tuesday: 8am - 6.30pm
Wednesday: 8am - 6.30pm
Thursday: 8am - 1pm
Friday: 8am - 6.30pm
Thank you for visiting Biddulph Valley Surgery's website.
We are a Doctors' surgery based in the town of Biddulph, within the
Biddulph Primary Care Centre.
This website is intended as a source of information for our patients and contains some links we feel might be useful.
Please contact Kylie to discuss the content of this website, or if you have any suggestions.
Statement of Purpose
Biddulph Valley Surgery is open to all patients living within our practice boundary. The surgery is situated in the town centre of Biddulph in the heart of the Staffordshire Moorlands. We provide services for approximately 10,020 patients of all ages.
We work in partnership with our patients and our Patient Participation Group (PPG) to provide medical care. The surgery has a General Medical Services (GMS) contract with the local health organisation North Staffs CCG and offers directly and locally enhanced services to its patients.
The surgery is a Keele University undergraduate teaching practice.
The regulated activities under CQC are:
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- Surgical procedures
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Maternity and midwifery services
- Family planning
Our Aims and Objectives for delivering each of the above regulated activities are contained within Our Practice Ethos:
- We aim to put our patients at the centre of everything we do
- We aim to provide the highest possible quality of care by working in partnership with our patients, staff and other services in a compassionate, confidential and supportive way
- We recognize the importance of equality and diversity and aim to treat everyone equally and with respect
- We aim to be friendly, flexible, approachable and accessible
- We will actively seek your views on what you think we do well, what you think we could improve and how we could improve it
- We continually aim to improve our standards by listening, learning and promoting staff development
Our aims are to offer the highest standard of health care and advice to our patients, with the resources available to us.
We have a team approach to patient care and endeavour to monitor the service provided to patients, to ensure that it meets current standards of excellence.
We are dedicated to ensuring that Practice staff and Doctors are trained to the highest level and to provide a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Our Practice Charter:
You will be treated with courtesy and respect by all Practice personnel.
An urgent appointment with a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner will be available on the same day.
A non-urgent appointment can be pre-booked or booked on the day.
Our standard is to see 80% of patients within 20 minutes of their appointment time. If you have waited longer than this please ask the Receptionist for an explanation.
We aim to answer the telephone within six rings.
You can pre-book our Nurses/HCSW within 4 weeks.
Requests for repeat prescriptions will be dealt with within 48 hours.
All comments and suggestions about the service are welcome. Please use the suggestion box provided in the waiting area.
If you have a complaint please speak to any member of staff. Your complaint will be dealt with in a professional and efficient manner in line with NHS standards.
We wish to make Biddulph Valley Surgery as accessible as possible. If you have hearing, visual or physical difficulties please let the receptionist know so that we can enable you to fully use our services.
The services provided by Biddulph Valley Surgery:
- General management of medical conditions
- Health promotion advice
- Referral for other services, if appropriate
- Urgently required care for temporary residents
- Contraceptive services including coils and contraceptive implants.
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services
- Minor surgery procedures
- Cervical Smears
- Smoking cessation clinics
- Travel Advice
Non NHS Services
Fees apply to services not covered by the NHS, such as private sick notes, HGV licence examinations, holiday cancellation forms, medical reports, etc. Staff can provide details on request, or on the surgery website and arrange appointments for specific examinations. A list of current fees is displayed in the waiting room. Please note that it will take up to 2 weeks for forms to be completed and ready for collection. You can ask to be contacted once your form is ready for collection. You can pay for Non NHS Services by card or cash.